Artigos - Cuidados com o automóvel
The brake fluid is composed of corrosive substances, so it should be handled carefully. Next, we point out some advice that might be useful:
- Use only the specified brake fluid. Fluids must not mix with other brands.
- During a prolonged period of use, the brake fluid absorbs water, which causes the system deterioration and malfunction. To prevent this, replace the brake fluid periodically in accordance with the recommendations of each automaker. A percentage of 5% water lowers the boiling point of the fluid of 60 C to 80 º C.
- When filling the tank use caution to prevent the entry of foreign particles or debris. Never use engine oil or the difference in this deposit.
- Take care when washing the car: if water enters the brake system, the boiling point of low fluid and can form small pockets of steam.
- When storing the brake fluid must ensure that the container is tightly closed.
- If you splash or spill brake fluid on a painted surface, it will damage the paint very quickly. To prevent this, the packaging of this fluid must be handled very carefully.
- If there is an air intake in the braking system, it will lose effectiveness. In such a situation should immediately stop his vehicle and find the nearest service station.
- Whenever you need to replace a pipe or other component of this closed circuit, the braking becomes effective only after loading more than once on the brake pedal. Under these circumstances, it is necessary to bleed the circuit.
Source: Team Buzina